News Details

Sainz lost Red Bull 'ticket' in 2017

Mar.17 Carlos Sainz says he lost his chance to race for Red Bull at the end of 2017. Last year, when Red Bull needed a replacement for the Renault-bound Daniel Ricciardo, Spaniard Sainz was a contender but ultimately Pierre Gasly got the call. "It could have gone either way, me or Gasly," Sainz told AS newspaper in Melbourne. "But I know that when I left Toro Rosso to go to Renault I really lost my ticket to go to Red Bull," he said. "And I did it consciously and I still believe that it was a good decision for my future." Sainz is now at McLaren, where he says his new two-year McLaren deal gives him "tranquillity". "As you can see, I am calmer...
Full Story »
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Sainz: 'I had unbelievable bad luck out there today'

Carlos Sainz Jr. has spoke of his dissapointment at his poor qualifying...

Sainz Jr. intrigued to see where McLaren stands in F1...

New McLaren F1 Team signing Carlos Sainz Jr. says that he cannot say...

McLaren: Thank you Renault for a competitive package

It was a bittersweet Saturday for McLaren, while their rookie driver...
7y ago from GrandPrix247.com

McLaren's Carlos Sainz caught out by Robert Kubica's...

McLaren's Carlos Sainz has blamed his poor Australian Grand Prix...
7y ago from MotorsportWeek.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Alexander Rossi involved in multi-car crash in...

Monday afternoon held a short practice session for the NTT IndyCar...

Indianapolis 500 – Qualifying results

Late Sunday afternoon, the starting order for the 110th Indianapolis 500...

Two drivers disqualified following Indy 500 qualifying

Following Sunday’s qualifying for the Indianapolis 500, two cars failed...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Mohamed Salah’s comments on Arsenal from August now...

When Mohamed Salah backed Arsenal to win the Premier League title back in...
3h ago from CaughtOffside.com

'Best in Europe defensively' | Enrique full of praise...

PSG boss Luis Enrique looks ahead to the Champions League final against...
3h ago from SkySports.com

Arsenal preparing £100m-plus move for 29-G/A...

Arsenal are interested in signing Julian Alvarez from Atletico Madrid at...
5h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Thierry Henry sends 'special thanks' to Arsenal...

Arsenal legend Thierry Henry has sent a message to Mikel Arteta and the...
6h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.