News Details

Baku pushing for date change to avoid Le Mans clash

Baku's Formula 1 chiefs are pushing for a date change for next year's race to avoid a clash with Le Mans, as they await news from the FIA on whether they can rename their event as the Azerbaijan Grand Prix. The date of next year's race will once again controversially clash with the Le Mans 24 Hours, and Baku's promoter Arif Rahimov has no doubts that his event suffered last year by running on the same weekend as the endurance classic. With the FIA set to confirm the 2017 calendar during a meeting of the World Motor Sport Council in Vienna next week, Rahimov made it clear he wants the provisional June 18 slot moved. Speaking in Abu Dhabi, Rahimov said: "My personal position is that we...
Full Story »
9y ago from Motorsport.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Button rules out Le Mans debut as 2017 plans take shape

 XPB Images Jenson Button says he won’t take part in the 2017...
9y ago from F1i.com

Alonso, Button hint at Le Mans futures

Alonso, Button hint at Le Mans futures Fernando Alonso has hinted again...
9y ago from ThisIsF1.com

German GP off F1 2017 calendar

A German Grand Prix at Hockenheim is off the Formula One calendar in 2017,...
9y ago from SuperSport.com

Hockenheim boss confirms no German GP in 2017 F1...

No German GP in 2017 F1 calendar Hockenheim boss Georg Seiler has...
9y ago from ThisIsF1.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Katherine Legge previews extreme planning to complete...

Katherine Legge is preparing to become the first woman to attempt The...

Newgarden fastest in frantic Carb Day practice

The NTT IndyCar Series held its traditional final Indy 500 practice...
11h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Man United tracking 12-goal long-term target as...

Goncalo Ramos is expected to leave PSG at the end of the season, and...
8h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Man United pushing hardest to sign 22-year-old Arsenal...

Alex Scott has been linked with a move away from Bournemouth at the end of...
9h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Journalist claims 21-year-old Arsenal & Chelsea...

Manchester United continue to be linked with a move for the West Ham...
9h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.