News Details

COTA confirms US GP will take place in 2016

Circuit of the Americas CEO and chairman Bobby Epstein has confirmed that the United States Grand Prix will take place at the track in 2016. Epstein previously said late last year the future of the race was “not looking good”, after a decline in ticket sales and bad weather plagued the 2015 event. The track was also hit by a cut in state funding. The FIA’s 2016 calendar stated that the United States Grand Prix was provisional. Now the race has been officially confirmed for the 21-23 October, with F1 returning to COTA for the fifth time. 'We are so happy to confirm F1’s return to COTA,' Epstein said. 'Since we first hosted this event in 2012, we have gained a lot of...
Full Story »
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

COTA formally confirms 2016 US Grand Prix

Red Bull/Getty Images Officials at the Circuit of the Americas have...
10y ago from F1Zone.net

COTA confirms USGP slot for 2016

– Circuit of the Americas chiefs have confirmed that the venue will...
10y ago from GPUpdate.net

COTA confirms 2016 USGP will go ahead

– Circuit of the Americas chiefs have confirmed that the venue will...
10y ago from GPUpdate.net

COTA confirms 2016 US GP will go ahead

The Circuit of the Americas has confirmed the United States Grand Prix...
10y ago from Motorsport.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Liberty Media could scrap MotoGP two-bike rule from...

The proposed regulation change would end flag-to-flag racing and align...

Alex Rins fears MotoGP riders without Ducatis are...

Alex Rins believes MotoGP riders without Ducati machinery are often...

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Katherine Legge previews extreme planning to complete...

Katherine Legge is preparing to become the first woman to attempt The...
13h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Newgarden fastest in frantic Carb Day practice

The NTT IndyCar Series held its traditional final Indy 500 practice...
16h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Popular On GunnersToday.com

'Serious option' – Fabrizio Romano confirms...

Fabrizio Romano has confirmed that both Liverpool and Arsenal have an...
35m ago from CaughtOffside.com

It's time to give a bit back

Happy Saturday fans of the Premier League Champions, the mighty Arsenal...
1h ago from Arseblog.com

Report: Man United, Arsenal & Chelsea cleared to...

Morgan Rogers can reportedly leave Aston Villa this summer, with...
4h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Premier League 2025-26 fans’ verdicts: stars, flops,...

fans’ network reviews the season with one game to play: the highs, the...
2h ago from TheGuardian.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.