News Details
F1 agrees head protection plan for 2017
Cockpit head protection will be introduced into Formula 1 in 2017, the sport's bosses agreed on Tuesday. A meeting of the rule-making F1 Commission approved plans to adopt a structure to protect drivers from debris, sources at governing body the FIA said. A new elimination-style qualifying format, with the slowest drivers knocked out in succession, could also be introduced this year. Details have not been released. A deadline for rules to make faster cars in 2017 has been delayed until 30 April. All the changes still need to be rubber-stamped by the final step of the legislative process, the FIA World Council. Hello to the 'halo' The FIA told teams earlier this month that it wanted to...
Full Story »
Full Story »
You May Also Be Interested In...
Daniel Ricciardo says F1 drivers back the Halo head...
Daniel Ricciardo says Formula 1 drivers would welcome the introduction of...
10y ago from GrandPrixTimes.com
Red Bull to propose alternative to Halo canopy concept
Red Bull is to propose an alternative to Mercedes' Halo canopy...
10y ago from GrandPrixTimes.com
Ricciardo: Drivers want head protection
Days ahead of the opening test that kick-starts F1 2016, Daniel Ricciardo...
10y ago from Pitpass.com
Universal support for halo canopy protection Ricciardo
Daniel Ricciardo says no driver to his knowledge has spoken out against...
10y ago from Crash.net
Elsewhere On The Network
Popular On MGPToday.com
Alex Marquez to miss next two MotoGP rounds after...
No description available...
19h ago from Motorsport.com
Alex Marquez suffers fractures in frightening Catalan...
No description available...
4d ago from Motorsport.com
Alex Rins fears MotoGP riders without Ducatis are...
Alex Rins believes MotoGP riders without Ducati machinery are often...
22h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...
Monster to become Aprilia's title sponsor in MotoGP...
No description available...
1d ago from Motorsport.com
Popular On IndyCarToday.com
Alexander Rossi cleared for Indy 500 following surgery
Alexander Rossi has been given the all clear to participate in the...
11h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...
Alexander Rossi cleared to race in Indy 500, says...
No description available...
10h ago from Motorsport.com
Why Pato O'Ward's backup Indy 500 chassis could be a...
No description available...
15h ago from Motorsport.com
Josef Newgarden not worried about race pace after...
No description available...
13h ago from Motorsport.com
Popular On TotalWRC.com
Toyota “nervous” of Hyundai threat ahead of WRC...
No description available...
1d ago from Motorsport.com
The mental challenge WRC leader Elfyn Evans faces at...
No description available...
3d ago from Motorsport.com
Why returning to the WRC podium was so important for...
No description available...
1w ago from Motorsport.com
How Sebastien Ogier’s near-perfect Rally Portugal...
No description available...
1w ago from Motorsport.com
Popular On GunnersToday.com
Sources: Sandro Tonali at centre of Arsenal & Man...
So much has been written about the Sandro Tonali transfer saga since...
1h ago from CaughtOffside.com
Thank you, Mikel
Morning champs. As we watched the scenes unfold at London Colney, when...
52m ago from Arseblog.com
Chelsea rival Arsenal for transfer of record-breaking...
Chelsea's youth-focused project has earned them their fair share of...
1h ago from CaughtOffside.com
'There's hope…' – Arsenal star delivers...
Arsenal right-back Jurrien Timber has suggested that there is some hope of...
2m ago from CaughtOffside.com
Comments
Hottest News
Max Verstappen issues major statement on F1 future after...
Max Verstappen has hinted that he plans to stay... Read More »
42m ago from GPFans.com
Is this it for Lewis Hamilton? The scary reality facing...
A former British F1 driver has suggested that... Read More »
1h ago from GPFans.com
Lewis Hamilton says he is going to be in Formula 1 for...
Lewis Hamilton downplayed speculation regarding... Read More »
32m ago from GrandPrix247.com




























