News Details

F1 agrees head protection plan for 2017

Cockpit head protection will be introduced into Formula 1 in 2017, the sport's bosses agreed on Tuesday. A meeting of the rule-making F1 Commission approved plans to adopt a structure to protect drivers from debris, sources at governing body the FIA said. A new elimination-style qualifying format, with the slowest drivers knocked out in succession, could also be introduced this year. Details have not been released. A deadline for rules to make faster cars in 2017 has been delayed until 30 April. All the changes still need to be rubber-stamped by the final step of the legislative process, the FIA World Council. Hello to the 'halo' The FIA told teams earlier this month that it wanted to...
Full Story »
9y ago from BBC.co.uk 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Daniel Ricciardo says F1 drivers back the Halo head...

Daniel Ricciardo says Formula 1 drivers would welcome the introduction of...
9y ago from GrandPrixTimes.com

Red Bull to propose alternative to Halo canopy concept

Red Bull is to propose an alternative to Mercedes' Halo canopy...
9y ago from GrandPrixTimes.com

Ricciardo: Drivers want head protection

Days ahead of the opening test that kick-starts F1 2016, Daniel Ricciardo...
9y ago from Pitpass.com

Universal support for halo canopy protection Ricciardo

Daniel Ricciardo says no driver to his knowledge has spoken out against...
9y ago from Crash.net

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Victoria Government rejects MotoGP requests to move...

The Victoria State Government has rejected a request from MotoGP to move...

Dorna Sports unveils rebrand as part of MotoGP...

Dorna Sports has announced it will be officially known as MotoGP Sports...
11h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

George Barber, founder of iconic IndyCar venue, passes...

Barber Motorsports Park has announced that founder of the iconic track...

Honda confirms early discussions for 2028 factory...

Honda, one of two engine manufacturers that supply IndyCar, has confirmed...

Romain Grosjean returns to IndyCar with full time seat...

Dale Coyne Racing has made public its plans for the 2026 IndyCar season,...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans wins Swedish showdown

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin clinched victory on Rally Sweden which ended...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Arsenal get green light as 35-goal forward eyes summer...

Nico Williams has been linked with a move away from Athletic Club Bilbao...
3h ago from CaughtOffside.com

‘All formal steps completed' – BBC man...

Arsenal have officially agreed to a blockbuster new contract with star...
4h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Contract stand-off alert: Arsenal smell opportunity as...

Arsenal are plotting an ambitious move to sign the PSG superstar Ousmane...
4h ago from CaughtOffside.com

'He’s got everything to suit the best clubs in...

Former Chelsea star Emmanuel Petit has urged Arsenal to sign Julian...
4h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.