News Details

Alonso crash costs insurers EUR 1.8 million

Fernando Alonso's Barcelona testing crash has cost insurers EUR 1.8 million so far. That is the claim of Italy's specialist La Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper, who said the Spanish driver and McLaren had to follow doctors' advice or risk not receiving the payout. That is because the 'contracts of the teams include a clause requiring the driver to be in suitable physical condition' for each grand prix, correspondent Luigi Perna claimed. He said Alonso missing Melbourne meant a payout on the basis of his annual retainer, meaning that his rumoured EUR 34 million contract for 2015 would result in a claim in the order of 1.8 million. La Gazzetta said insurers will cover the cost unless it is...
Full Story »
11y ago from ThisIsF1.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

EUR 15 million ended van der Garde saga

Dutch media reports on Tuesday said Bernie Ecclestone was involved in...
11y ago from ThisIsF1.com

Girlfriend tips Alonso for Malaysian GP return

Fernando Alonso's girlfriend says the Spaniard should be fit to return in...
11y ago from ThisIsF1.com

McLaren admits ‘grey areas’ in Alonso mystery

A cloud is now hanging over Fernando Alonso's return to action in...
11y ago from ThisIsF1.com

Schumacher’s son Mick in 160kph crash

Mick Schumacher's new single seater career has kicked off with a crash....
11y ago from ThisIsF1.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Alexander Rossi undergoes surgery after horror Indy...

Alexander Rossi has undergone surgery following a horror crash during...

Alexander Rossi involved in multi-car crash in...

Monday afternoon held a short practice session for the NTT IndyCar...
15h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Indianapolis 500 – Qualifying results

Late Sunday afternoon, the starting order for the 110th Indianapolis 500...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Popular On GunnersToday.com

'Why not?' - Arsenal hero Patrick Vieira snubs Bruno...

Arsenal legend Patrick Vieira has refused to pick Manchester United...
1h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Ex-NFL star and Burnley owner JJ Watt shares...

Former NFL star JJ Watt, who is also the minority owner at Burnley, aimed...
28m ago from SportsKeeda.com

Chelsea target could be available for £80m but...

Morgan Rogers looks set to be one of the most talked-about Premier League...
2h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Neville: I don't see how Arsenal waste this opportunity

Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville says he does not see how Arsenal...
2h ago from SkySports.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.