News Details

Alonso ‘disappointed' to miss Melbourne but ‘encouraged' by 2015 car

McLaren's Fernando Alonso has told press of his disappointment at having been forced to miss the season opener in Melbourne as a consequence of his testing crash. Following a three day stay in hospital as a result of the controversial shunt in Barcelona, Alonso has heeded medical advice to delay racing until Malaysia. Although rumours have been rife, the seriousness of his head injury were apparent with the news that Alonso's memory had been affected to the extent that whilst recovering, he thought he was still karting and was confused enough to  believe he was still at Ferrari. Kevin Magnussen has been substituted for Alonso for the first race – a pragmatic choice as the 2014...
Full Story »
11y ago from FormulaSpy.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

‘Healthy’ Alonso to miss Australian GP – McLaren

Fernando Alonso will sit out next weekend's Australian grand prix....
11y ago from ThisIsF1.com

Magnussen to replace Alonso for the Australian Grand...

McLaren have confirmed that Fernando Alonso will miss the first race of...
11y ago from FormulaSpy.com

Alonso to miss Australian race on medical advice

Fernando Alonso will miss the season-opening Grand Prix in Australia...
11y ago from Formula1.com

Alonso will not race at Australian Grand Prix

Fernando Alonso will sit out next weekend's season opening Australian...
11y ago from GrandPrix247.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Pedro Acosta says the third MotoGP race start...

Pedro Acosta questioned the decision to continue the MotoGP Catalan Grand...

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Alexander Rossi involved in multi-car crash in...

Monday afternoon held a short practice session for the NTT IndyCar...

Alexander Rossi undergoes surgery after horror Indy...

Alexander Rossi has undergone surgery following a horror crash during...
12h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Arsenal wonderkid open to Bundesliga move as Euro...

Ethan Nwaneri has been linked with a permanent exit from Arsenal at the...
1h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Arsenal, Chelsea and Man United enter three-way battle...

Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester United are interested in signing Christos...
3h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Football quiz: when English clubs play in European...

enal, Aston Villa and Crystal Palace could make it a clean sweep of...
5h ago from TheGuardian.com

Uefa expects more viewers for Champions League final...

t;li>HBO Max subscribers in the UK likely to boost numbersPresence of...
6h ago from TheGuardian.com

Comments

Hottest News

Former Sky F1 pundit Danica Patrick set to make TV return

Former racing driver and former Sky Sports F1... Read More »
1h ago from GPFans.com

F1: Canadian Grand Prix: Preview - McLaren

Miami served as the first big step in our plan to... Read More »
1h ago from Pitpass.com

Are Horner and BYD exploring a shock F1 future?

A swirl of paddock intrigue has followed reports... Read More »
2h ago from F1i.com

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.