News Details

Mercedes considered pulling out of F1 – Zetsche

The current all-dominant Mercedes team could well have pulled out of Formula One after four years underwhelming years, reveals Daimler AG Chairman Dr Dieter Zetsche. While Mercedes is now committed to the sport until 2020, Zetsche confirmed during the Monaco Grand Prix weekend that senior officials of the Mercedes parent company did discuss pulling the plug on the Formula One project – believed to have run up costs of £160 million in 2013 – after achieving just four wins across four years of racing – three of which came last year. “There has to be an intelligent business decision and of course the motivation is marketing,” said Zetsche. “We want to present our...
Full Story »
11y ago from RichlandF1.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Mercedes happy with driver pairing

Daimler chairman Dr Dieter Zetsche says he is happy with the current...
11y ago from Crash.net

Success more valuable after four-year struggle -...

Sutton Images Enlarge Daimler boss Dieter Zetsche says Mercedes' success...
11y ago from espnF1.com

Zetsche downplays Alonso praise as 'politeness'

Daimler chairman and head of Mercedes-Benz, Dr Dieter Zetsche, has...
11y ago from TheF1Times.com

Ferrari: 'Alonso is the best'

Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo has been quick to praise Fernando...
11y ago from SkySports.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Indianapolis 500 – Qualifying results

Late Sunday afternoon, the starting order for the 110th Indianapolis 500...

Alex Palou class of the field, secures Indy 500 pole

The final rounds of qualifying for the 110th Indianapolis 500 took place...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Popular On GunnersToday.com

'Would be good timing for him' - Pundit believes one...

Former Arsenal star Mikael Silvestre believes one Gunners star could leave...
7h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Arsenal and Man United learn asking price of Newcastle...

Sandro Tonali could become one of the biggest Premier League midfield...
15h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Rodri sends warning to Arsenal after Manchester City's...

Manchester City star Rodri has sent a strong message to Arsenal after the...
19h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Sources: £265,000 per week Arsenal star is...

Gabriel Jesus’ future at Arsenal is starting to look increasingly...
18h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.