News Details

Grosjean: Financial reasons cost us our seats

The U.S.-owned Haas Formula 1 team announced on Thursday they will have an all-new driver lineup next year, with departing Frenchman Romain Grosjean blaming the decision on financial reasons. Grosjean, 34, has been at the Ferrari-powered team since 2016 with 28-year-old Danish driver Kevin Magnussen joining in 2017. Both now face uncertain futures, recognising their chances of finding a seat elsewhere in F1 were slim. Team boss Guenther Steiner told reporters in a video conference at the Portuguese Grand Prix that the decision was taken two or three weeks ago and he informed the drivers last week. Grosjean, who posted a message on social media declaring “the last chapter is closed and...
Full Story »
5y ago from GrandPrix247.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Grosjean: Financial reasons led Haas to oust both...

Romain Grosjean says he was informed by Haas that the decision to retain...
5y ago from MotorsportWeek.com

'Financial reasons' behind Haas decision, says Grosjean

Though few expected both Haas drivers to be retained for another season,...
5y ago from Pitpass.com

Grosjean says Haas drivers dropped for 'financial...

Romain Grosjean says Haas' decision to part with both its drivers at the...
5y ago from F1i.com

Grosjean: Double Haas F1 driver axe down to financial...

Romain Grosjean says Haas’ decision to drop both of its drivers for the...
5y ago from Crash.net

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

IndyCar grows international broadcast offerings for...

The NTT IndyCar Series has announced that its already extensive global...
15h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Alexander Rossi fastest as rain disrupts second...

The NTT IndyCar Series completed the second and final day of testing at...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans wins Swedish showdown

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin clinched victory on Rally Sweden which ended...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

“Arsenal don’t have any world-class players” -...

Former Tottenham Hotspur star Rafael van der Vaart has said Arsenal have...
58m ago from SportsKeeda.com

Bukayo Saka signs a new contract

Morning all. Let's start with the news that Bukayo Saka's new contract...
1h ago from Arseblog.com

'Believe me…' – Liverpool, Arsenal &...

Newcastle United winger Anthony Gordon insists he's not getting too caught...
8m ago from CaughtOffside.com

Newcastle star Anthony Gordon's preferred club amid...

Newcastle United star Anthony Gordon reportedly prefers a move to...
11h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.