News Details

Sainz delighted with 'best move of my career'

Carlos Sainz was clearly thrilled with how the opening lap of the 2019 Monaco Grand Prix had gone for him on Sunday. The McLaren driver started the race from ninth position behind Toro Rosso's Daniil Kvyat and Red Bull's Pierre Gasly. As he went through Sainte-Devote he was also under attack from Kvyat's speedy team mate Alexander Albon. “I got a really good start off the line and managed to pass the two Toro Rossos around the outside of turn 3, which was probably the best move of my career in Formula 1 so far!" he said afterwards. Desperate Hamilton hangs on for Monaco GP win over Vettel "Definitely one of my best overtakes!," he continued. "An amazing first lap....
Full Story »
6y ago from F1i.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Sainz praises McLaren strategy & says he did...

Monaco Grand Prix – McLaren's Carlos Sainz was overjoyed to bring...
6y ago from FormulaSpy.com

Massa 'really surprised' by sudden Brazilian GP move...

Former F1 driver Felipe Massa says his first reaction to the news of the...
6y ago from F1i.com

FP1 engine issue leaves Sainz's confidence trailing

McLaren's Carlos Sainz fears the engine issue that deprived him of...
6y ago from F1i.com

Sainz praises McLaren's 'perfectly well-executed...

McLaren's Carlos Sainz was feeling very pleased with Saturday's...
6y ago from F1i.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Honda confirms early discussions for 2028 factory...

Honda, one of two engine manufacturers that supply IndyCar, has confirmed...

Romain Grosjean returns to IndyCar with full time seat...

Dale Coyne Racing has made public its plans for the 2026 IndyCar season,...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans wins Swedish showdown

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin clinched victory on Rally Sweden which ended...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

“They should stay silent” - Wayne Rooney slams...

Manchester United legend Wayne Rooney believes comments from Arsenal...
2h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Mikel Arteta eyes 100million Spaniard to add quality...

Arsenal have been informed that Nico Williams could be available for...
5h ago from CaughtOffside.com

FA Cup draw : Welcome to Saka Central

Morning everyone. Let's start with the draw for the 5th round of the FA...
4h ago from Arseblog.com

Saka set to miss out on Arsenal captaincy as insider...

Arsenal are reportedly in talks with club captain Martin Odegaard...
13h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.