News Details

Fernando Alonso: Full-time '19 IndyCar drive 'never in my plans'

Fernando Alonso says a full-time switch to IndyCar was “never in my plans” for 2019, following confirmation that McLaren will not join the series. McLaren had been evaluating entering the championship, having returned for a one-off appearance at last year’s Indianapolis 500, fielding a car for Alonso, in association with Andretti and Honda. Alonso announced in August that he will not compete in Formula 1 next season and tested an IndyCar machine on a road course for the first time the following month. That prompted speculation that he could move into the series in 2019, ostensibly with McLaren, but Zak Brown confirmed on Friday that the marque is not yet ready to commit...
Full Story »
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

McLaren rules out full-time 2019 IndyCar entry, 500...

McLaren boss Zak Brown says the operation is not yet ready to commit to a...
7y ago from MotorsportWeek.com

No Indycar season for McLaren, Alonso in 2019

Oct.20 McLaren has decided against entering a full-time team in the...
7y ago from OneStopStrategy.com

Alonso's 'Triple Crown' dream suffers huge blow

Fernando Alonso's hopes of attempting to take out the 'Triple Crown' in...
7y ago from GPFans.com

McLaren decide against full-time 2019 IndyCar entry

McLaren will not be entering full-time in the 2019 IndyCar Series...

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Aggressive testing schedule planned ahead of Mick...

Following confirmation Mick Schumacher will make a switch to IndyCar next...

Mick Schumacher joins RLL in IndyCar switch

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing has announced that Mick Schumacher will...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Sebastien Ogier leads the virtual title chase as...

Friday in Saudi Arabia was the toughest day of the season. The overnight...
16h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Top reporter confirms Arsenal, Man Utd & Chelsea...

Leading German football journalist Florian Plettenberg has more or less...
1h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Saturday round-up: Positive Jesus, Arteta on Rice

Morning. A quick Saturday round-up for you. Obviously we'll keep the...
40m ago from Arseblog.com

“I have dreams”: Attacker openly admits desire to...

Brazilian international Luiz Henrique talks about his desire to play in...
1h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Approach made: Arsenal contact super agent over 15 G/A...

Arsenal have reportedly registered an interest in Juventus attacking...
3h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.