News Details

Ferrari to formalise Raikkonen news on Thursday

Sep.5 Thursday is decision-day when it comes to Ferrari's driver choice for 2019. At Monza, it was rumoured that after extended internal wrangling, Kimi Raikkonen had been told he will be replaced by Charles Leclerc next year. It might explain why the Finn was suddenly arguably uncooperative on-track, receiving a slipstream from Sebastian Vettel in qualifying and then racing hard a day later. "It is clear to me that I must now compete against three cars, including my own teammate," the Dutch broadcaster Ziggo Sport quoted a disgruntled Vettel as saying. The German added: "I do not expect any help from anyone." Sky Italia claims that Raikkonen's impending exit will soon...
Full Story »
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

No timeframe to sort Kimi Raikkonen future says new...

Newly-installed Ferrari CEO Louis C. Camilleri has stressed that there is...
7y ago from MotorsportWeek.com

Ferrari: "No decision" taken yet about...

Ferrari CEO Louis Camilleri has revealed that the team hasn't made a...
7y ago from GPBlog.com

Raikkonen snatches emotional pole position for Ferrari...

Italian Grand Prix – Ferrari have claimed the front row for their...
7y ago from FormulaSpy.com

No decision on Raikkonen says Ferrari CEO

With Ferrari traditionally using the Monza weekend to announce its driver...
7y ago from Pitpass.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

Aggressive testing schedule planned ahead of Mick...

Following confirmation Mick Schumacher will make a switch to IndyCar next...

Mick Schumacher joins RLL in IndyCar switch

Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing has announced that Mick Schumacher will...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Popular On GunnersToday.com

“They are doing very well, but we haven't faced them...

Chelsea star Moises Caicedo has boldly said that his side can do well...
4h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Arsenal and Man United told how much they need to pay...

Arsenal and Manchester United will have to fork out £75 million to sign...
7h ago from CaughtOffside.com

“No better time for them to play Arsenal” - Ray...

Arsenal legend Ray Parlour expects Chelsea and his former side to play out...
5h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Chelsea ready to break rival hearts with move for...

Chelsea are reportedly interested in the Arsenal youngster Myles...
7h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

2025 F1 Qatar Grand Prix - Qualifying results

Check out the full results from the qualifying... Read More »
57m ago from RacingNews365.com

F1 2025 Qatar Grand Prix – Sprint Race Results

Oscar Piastri converted pole position to win the... Read More »
5h ago from MotorsportWeek.com

LIVE: 2025 F1 Qatar Grand Prix - Qualifying

Follow along with all the action live from the... Read More »
3h ago from RacingNews365.com

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.