News Details

Melbourne to satay in F1 for years to come

August 4, 2014 .- The future of the Australian grand prix is secure. "To know there are many more home grands prix to come is great," new F1 sensation Daniel Ricciardo told the Herald Sun newspaper. Amid annual $50 million-plus losses, the Melbourne race beyond 2015 had been in serious doubt as organisers warned they wanted a better deal from Bernie Ecclestone. But it has now been announced officially that the sport is staying at Albert Park for at least five more years after the signing of a new 2016-2020 contract. "I congratulate Australian grand prix corporation chairman Ron Walker for his success as a tough negotiator in getting the best deal for Victoria," said...
Full Story »
11y ago from F1Plus.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Mexico to host double points finalé in 2015?

Mexican FIA vice-president Jose Abed has said that the Mexican Grand Prix...
11y ago from RichlandF1.com

Raikkonen eyes 'better' Ferrari for 2015

July 28, 2014 .- Kimi Raikkonen was looking ahead to 2015 rather than...
11y ago from F1Plus.com

Raikkonen eyes better Ferrari for 2015

Kimi Raikkonen was looking ahead to 2015 rather than seeing Sunday's...
11y ago from GrandPrix.com

Melbourne secures Australian GP until 2020

Sutton Images Enlarge Melbourne will continue to host the Australian...
11y ago from espnF1.com

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

IndyCar partners with iRacing for standalone video...

The NTT IndyCar Series will feature in a new branded video game title,...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Crystal Palace close to agreeing compensation with...

Crystal Palace are reportedly close to agreeing the amount of compensation...
48m ago from CaughtOffside.com

Champions League draw reaction : Havertz has knee...

Morning. Let's start today with the Champions League draw that took place...
1h ago from Arseblog.com

Arsenal target pushing to join Gunners this summer,...

Bayer Leverkusen defender Piero Hincapie is reportedly pushing to join...
3h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.