News Details

New engines a 'disgrace' - Walker

Ron Walker, the promoter of the Australian Grand Prix, claims that several of the current venues on the Formula One calendar will walk away from the sport due to the quiet new engines. The 1.6-litre V6 turbo era started in Australia last week and although the new power units produce a number of different sounds to their predecessors, they are much quieter than the shrill-sounding V8s of 2013. Walker, however, is of the opinion that the sounds the V6s produce "is a disgrace" that will lead to mass withdrawals from the sport. "The sound is a disgrace," Walker, who doubles as the chairman of the Formula One Promoters' Association, told The Independent. "When the car...
Full Story »
11y ago from PlanetF1.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Promoters will walk away over sound ‘disgrace’

Australian Grand Prix promoter Ron Walker says other races are likely to...
11y ago from Crash.net

Walker predicts mass revolt over noise 'disgrace'

Ron Walker believes Bernie Ecclestone will have a job on his hands...
11y ago from espnF1.com

F1 dispute over 'too quiet' engines

McLaren team boss Eric Boullier has defended Formula 1's new engines in...
11y ago from BBC.co.uk

Walker to step down from Australian GP role

Ron Walker has revealed that next year's Australian F1 Grand Prix will be...
11y ago from Crash.net

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

IndyCar grows international broadcast offerings for...

The NTT IndyCar Series has announced that its already extensive global...

Alexander Rossi fastest as rain disrupts second...

The NTT IndyCar Series completed the second and final day of testing at...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans wins Swedish showdown

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin clinched victory on Rally Sweden which ended...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

'It's more important for Arsenal' | Soccer Saturday...

Tim Sherwood and Clinton Morrison look ahead to the North London derby and...
1h ago from SkySports.com

70m-plus-player bid prepared which threatens to derail...

Arsenal could reportedly be facing a very real threat to their hopes of...
2h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Premier League club exploring deal to sign 19-year-old...

Nottingham Forest are reportedly eyeing Arsenal's young goalkeeper Tommy...
5h ago from CaughtOffside.com

23-year-old reveals he would 'love' to play for 'great...

Bayer Leverkusen attacking midfielder Malik Tillman has revealed that he'd...
6h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.