News Details

'No concerns about Bahrain GP'

Formula One has no concerns about this month's Bahrain Grand Prix becoming a target for anti-government protesters, commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone said on Friday. The race at the Sakhir desert circuit was cancelled in 2011 when a Shi'ite-led pro-democracy uprising was crushed and at least 35 people - activists put the tally far higher - were killed. Last year's grand prix, the biggest sporting event in the US-allied Gulf island kingdom and watched by hundreds of millions around the world, went ahead controversially amid tight security and against a backdrop of burning tyres and riot police firing teargas at petrol-bomb throwing protesters in Shi'ite villages. Bahrain's opposition...
Full Story »
12y ago from SuperSport.com 0
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

No concerns about Bahrain GP - Ecclestone

Formula One has no concerns about this month's Bahrain Grand Prix...
12y ago from SuperSport.com

Ecclestone optimistic Bahrain GP will be trouble free

6 April, 2013 Bernie Ecclestone with His Highness Crown Prince Shaikh...
12y ago from YallaF1.com

Ecclestone: No fears over Bahrain Grand Prix

Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone says he holds no concerns over safety...
12y ago from GPUpdate.net

Elsewhere On The Network

Popular On MGPToday.com

Popular On IndyCarToday.com

IndyCar grows international broadcast offerings for...

The NTT IndyCar Series has announced that its already extensive global...
15h ago from MotorsportWeek.c...

Alexander Rossi fastest as rain disrupts second...

The NTT IndyCar Series completed the second and final day of testing at...

Popular On TotalWRC.com

Elfyn Evans wins Swedish showdown

Elfyn Evans and Scott Martin clinched victory on Rally Sweden which ended...

Popular On GunnersToday.com

Bukayo Saka signs a new contract

Morning all. Let's start with the news that Bukayo Saka's new contract...
1h ago from Arseblog.com

'Believe me…' – Liverpool, Arsenal &...

Newcastle United winger Anthony Gordon insists he's not getting too caught...
12m ago from CaughtOffside.com

“Arsenal don’t have any world-class players” -...

Former Tottenham Hotspur star Rafael van der Vaart has said Arsenal have...
1h ago from SportsKeeda.com

Arsenal ready to complete attacking puzzle with move...

Arsenal remain interested in signing Nico Williams from Athletic Club...
12h ago from CaughtOffside.com

Comments

Hottest News

Recent News


2014 GPToday.com
GPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with the Formula One group of companies. F1, FORMULA ONE, FORMULA 1, FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, GRAND PRIX and related marks are trade marks of Formula One Licensing B.V.